MOT Testing in Kings Langley
Your annual inspection is to assess the overall roadworthiness of your vehicle; an MOT test is required every 12 months for cars over three years of age from its date of registration. The inspection takes around an hour and features a particular focus on the safety and emissions features of your vehicle.
One of our MOT technicians will inspect your vehicle with special focus on the safety and emissions features of your car. We will be able to inform you of any reasons that your vehicle may have failed as well as provide advisories for any none critical issues that will need to be resolved for the following year.
Do I need to have an MOT Test?
All vehicles that use the UK roads and over three years old must have an MOT Test. This is an annual test of vehicle safety, road worthiness and exhaust emissions. Failure to have a valid MOT Certificate can result in a £1000 Fine!
There are many items tested during an MOT just a few are:
- Lighting and Signalling Equipment (Inc fog lamps & reversing lights)
- Steering (including suspension)
- Tyres and Road Wheels
- Seat Belts
- Body, Structure and General Items
- Exhaust, Fuel and Emissions
- Drivers View of the Road
- Noise suppression material
- Undertray security
- Emission control equipment
- Engine malfunction indicator lamp
- Diesel particulate filter (DPF) tampering
- Fluid leaks - engine, transmission and so on
For more information on the MOT test choose Langley Car Garage today on 01923 264769 or complete our Contact form.